Hi, I am Becky. I am a mother, a wife, a talker, a thinker, an occasional sulker, and a shake-your-booty-er. I have been a student and teacher of yoga for over 10 years, and I love to share what I am learning.
The practice of yoga has changed my life. It heals me every day. I love to share the wisdom of the practice, and I really love that you don’t have to believe a word I say. There is truth in the practice itself and anyone who puts it to work will feel it for themselves.
The path that I travel is only one of many, for yoga is a broad and ancient subject, and I can only share what I have come to learn myself.
So, it seems important to define my teaching style. What kind of yoga do I share and how do I share it?
- Yoga as a mind/body/spirit practice first and foremost.
- Building relationships between students and teacher based upon mutual standing and respect.
- Movement with a focus on accessibility, personal alignment and self-awareness to heal and strengthen the body, exploring many styles of yoga to strive for physical balance to be restored and maintained.
- Meditation to learn how to quiet the waters of the mind.
- Breath work to purify and open the healing channels of the energetic body.
- And thrown in to the teaching mix is a healthy dose of the histories and philosophies of yoga.
I truly love the path I have chosen and if, for a time, we travel together on the journey to well-being, I will be honoured to do so.